Quick Christening Outfit!

Sunday 19 April 2015


One evening I was coming home from town on the bus with my boyfriend when he casually let me know I was invited to his niece's christening. Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled to be invited but the fact that he only gave me 4 days notice wasn't the best!


It took my mom and I two days until we finally found a dress that didn't make me look like either a granny or a stuffed sausage. I wanted a simple, timeless dress that wasn't too showy for church but then again wasn't completely nun-like and I finally happened upon one in Karen Millen. I'd never shopped there before but they actually had two dresses that I liked which was certainly saying something because we'd looked in about 15 places plus two department stores without finding a single thing!

Since I usually don't wear any make-up and left what little I had back at uni I also had to borrow some from my friend. (No joke I now have a little Tupperware container of foundation) 

But I think I managed to scrub up well in the end.


Dress: Karen Millen
Bag and Shoes- River Island
Bracelets- Alex and Ani

Sorry for the terrible photo quality, these were quickly snapped by my mom on her phone and also the only photos taken.

Anyways I'd better get back to packing since I'm leaving to go back to uni this evening.

Thanks for reading,
Ciara xx

1 comment:

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN・POWERED BY BLOGGER